Bao with pulled mushroom
This bao with pulled mushroom recipe is vegetarian and serves 2. The recipe is nutritious and healthy – perfect for pregnant women. Do you have cravings for Asian food? This is easy to prepare and it’s also a good option for vegetarians or those who want to eat less meat.
- 400 g Asian mushrooms
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 5 tsp salt
- 5 tsp black pepper
- 5 dl chili BBQ sauce
- 6 baos (steam buns)
- 2-4 carrots, shredded or sliced
- 100 g cabbage
- 5 dl salty peanuts
- 5 lime
- fresh coriander
- Heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Shred the mushrooms using a fork.
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl. Press over the garlic and add oil, ground paprika, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Spread out the mushroom on a baking tray with baking paper and place it in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Take out the baking tray and pour BBQ sauce over. Toss and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Cook the buns according to the instruction on the package.
- Peel and shred the carrot, finely slice the cabbage and chop the peanuts. Cut the lime into wedges.
- Serve the pulled mushrooms in the bao with vegetables, coriander and lime.
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm