Moist quinoa bread
This moist quinoa bread is a good source of folate, iodine, calcium, vitamin B12 and iron. It’s perfect for breastfeeding women, as this can be part of a one-hand meal, prepared in advance. It stays fresh for several days and can be included in several meals throughout the day. This filling and tasty bread can be the base for many meals. For example, spread it with cream cheese and top with a slice of capsicum. Keep it ready in the fridge, bring it along on pram walks or eat it when you crave a quick snack. The recipe makes one loaf.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, 400 g
- 1 dl flaxseeds
- 1 dl quinoa seeds
- 1 tbsp fibre husk
- 3 dl boiling water
- 3 dl oatmeal, finely ground oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ dl Greek yoghurt
- 2 dl whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Purée the chickpeas in a blender or food processor to a mushy but al dente texture.
- Leave flaxseeds, quinoa and fibre husk in boiling water in a bowl for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oatmeal, baking soda and salt.
- Then combine all the ingredients and make a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a baking dish lined with baking paper. Spread evenly.
- Bake on the bottom oven rack for about 1 hour
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm