This quesadilla recipe combines two super delicious meals in one – omelette and quesadilla! Perfect for both breakfast and lunch. In this dish, you get many of the nutrients you need when breastfeeding, such as protein, calcium, vitamin B12 and vitamin C. In addition, this meal can be prepared the evening prior and kept in the fridge – the perfect food to eat with one hand when you breastfeed or are out for a pram walk. The recipe serves one.
- 2 eggs
- 5 dl low-fat milk
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- vegetables, e.g. 1 tomato and ¼ broccoli
- 2 tortilla wraps or soft flatbread
- a couple of cheese slices
- Whisk egg, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rinse and slice the vegetables.
- Heat a small frying pan with canola oil on medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and top with the vegetables. Cook under cover at low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the omelette is cooked through.
- Place 2-3 slices of cheese on one tortilla. Place the omelette on top.
- Then place the whole tortilla including the omelette in the frying pan. Put on more cheese and the other tortilla wrap on top. Continue to cook on low heat for about 3 minutes on each side, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Cut in pieces and serve immediately or keep them in a lunch box – preferably with some fruit.
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm