Salad with slow-cooked beef shoulder
This salad with slow-cooked beef shoulder is great for both summer and winter and has many healthy nutrients a pregnant woman needs every day. Here you get iron from the meat, nuts and spinach, and folate from the nuts, sugar peas and spinach. This tasty recipe is for 2-3 servings. Make sure the meat is properly cooked through – and serve with rice, noodles or bread. Bon appétit!
- 1 kg beef shoulder
- 5 onion, chopped
- 50 g ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 75 dl Chinese soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 cube beef stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 65 g spinach, a small bag
- 20 sugar peas
- 5 dl cashews
- Cut the meat into chunks, about 4x4cm. Heat a cast-iron pan with oil on medium-high heat and brown the meat on all sides until they get a nice colour. Set the meat aside on a plate.
- Fry onion, ginger and garlic until golden brown.
- Return the meat to the frying pan and add soy sauce, tomato puree, lime leaves and the beef stock cube. Add water to just cover the meat.
- Bring it to a boil and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down and simmer for 5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Drain and keep the broth as a sauce. Serve the meat and sauce with salad and top with cashew nuts.
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm