Sweet potato soup with lemon-flavoured cod liver oil
This delicious sweet potato soup, inspired by Thai flavours, serves four and takes about 40 minutes to make and cook. With added lemon-flavoured Möller’s Cod Liver Oil, it’s a delight for both your body and palate.
See more healthy recipes with Möller’s Cod Liver Oil here
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato (approx. 0.8 lb)
- 1 large carrot (approx. 0.2 lb)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs canola oil
- Pinch turmeric
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 10.5 fl oz coconut milk or cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime
- 1 tbs lemon-flavoured Möller’s Cod Liver Oil
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3.5 fl oz Greek or Turkish yoghurt
- Sesame seeds
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Fry at a high temperature until transparent but not golden.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and carrot and put in a pot. Add turmeric, bouillon cube, water and coconut milk/cream.
- Cook at a medium temperature for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Use a stick blender in the pot and blend until smooth. Add the lime juice, lemon-flavoured Möller’s Cod Liver Oil and chilli powder.
- Serve with Greek or Turkish yoghurt and sesame seeds.