This recipe is a combination of both tortilla and burrito – a tortilla burrito recipe! The recipe is for two servings and has lots of tasty vegetables that provide many of the nutrients needed both during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It can be prepared in advance, meaning you can always have a tasty nutritious meal ready – and it is even great as picnic food when you are out for a walk with the pram.
- 8 tortillas
- 400 g minced meat
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 can pre-cooked kidney beans
- 1 sachet taco seasoning without sugar
- 150 g Gouda cheese
- 1 can corn, no added sugar
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ capsicum, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the minced meat, onion and garlic in a frying pan. Break the mince apart to brown evenly and add the taco seasoning.
- Rinse and add the kidney beans.
- Place half of the tortillas on the working bench.
- Place minced meat, cheese, tomato, corn, spinach mix, avocado and capsicum in the centre of the tortilla, not quite at the edges as this will make it difficult to fold the edges. Place the other bread on top and cut into the edges around the whole bread. Fold the edges. A tip is to wet the bread with some water for it to stay folded.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add some oil. Place the whole burrito in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Add more oil if needed.
- Cut in half or eat as is. Can be kept in the fridge and heated in the microwave later.
Recipe by Evelina Söderholm